Home » sewing, stash

apparently I have an addiction to zippers

11 June 2006 1,461 views 12 Comments

Zippers_aplenty_smZippers_sm_2
Atomic_blue_wristlets_assembly_line_sm
Atomic_blue_wristlets_stacked_sm
Ever since I discovered that Zipperstop (warning: music) sells on ebay I’m always over there trolling for deals. Last week I caved and bought many many many zippers. $10 for 100 zips! Awesome deal.

They were barely out of the envelope before I resorted them by colour, took a couple of quick pictures and then started on the atomic blue wristlets. I can hardly contain myself.

• mari said:

100 zippers for $10? But that’s… (mental math wheels spinning)… 10 cents a zipper? You had to buy them!
    Looking forward to your wrislets – I bought the miniwallet recently and I love it!

• Chrissy said:

WOW! That’s a lot of zippers!

• jenny r said:

I LOVE zipperstop. I get a good number of my supplies there now. Thread . . . such a deal!

• Karma said:

That is a really good deal. Holy cow! And you don’t have to listen to the cheesy music on their website when you want to order zippers! :)

• sequinK said:

Wow — SCORE!

• maryse said:

ooh so many pretty colors.

• kristin said:

There are definitely worse things you could be addicted to, like Bingo (is that a Bingo Mama mug in that one picture? awesome!).

• Kelli said:

Awesome! I LOVE zippers too. I’m always trolling for bargains. (And your wristlet pattern. I make them by the dozens these days.)

• kathy said:

I discovered Zipperstop several months ago. I didn’t know they were on eBay but their regular website is amazing too. Even with shipping I couldn’t believe how inexpensive their zippers were. I think I figured out I got 50 zippers for the same amount I’d pay for 15 retail. Love that atomic print. Just the right scale for your project.

• Karen said:

Wow. That is a lot of zippers! That should last you a good long time!

• missy pants said:

Wow! all those zippers for $10!!!! What a bargain….. house looks great… where is my wristlet?

• bellaroo said:

oooooo! so glad i found you! i just went to ebay and found the same deal! a million thanks! now i too can sort zippers! i can’t believe what i’ve been paying for them singley at joanns and walmart. need to get into the wholesale groove.
    your blog is v. entertaining thank you!