Home » knitting

it’s the physics of the thing

14 June 2006 1,111 views 10 Comments

Knitters_dilemna
I’m not worried about escape velocity yet, but the last few rows of Orangina are dragging. I only have 4 pattern repeats left which will take less than 2 hours but right now it seems like forever. I’m deep into that loop where you knit and knit and nothing seems to happen. I’m ready to start working on the next part. I think this is why I put it down last summer after finishing the first half. I’d like to be finished NOW, please. (Anybody else think it’s funny that I desperately want to finish up a lace pattern just to start 6 inches of 3×3 ribbing. Am I nuts? Most likely.)

This is when startitis kicks in heavily. Thanks Maryse, I’m blaming you. This hank of Noro Daria that you sent me is calling me. I can hear it from the other room, "Caro! Caaaaaaaaro! I’m heeeeeeere and I’m prettyyyyy! Look at all the colours, you don’t want to knit with black. Come and get meeeeeee!"

• isel said:

Caaarooo, Caaarooo!! This is your Orangina. Please finish me before you touch that Noro Daria, or else…

• gina said:

The Orangina is going to be sooooo pretty. And wearable, even in Austin in June. And the ribbing will go so quickly. Total movie knitting. You can do it!

• mayrse said:

heh heh

• Mary-Ellen said:

As a fellow knitter, I completely relate to that experience. I am laughing out loug.
    The lace patter is absoulutely beautiful as well, and a brighter color would have detracted from that beauty. (If that is any motivation to keep going.)
    Mary-Ellen

• jodi said:

I’m definitely at the escape velocity stage with my Orangina. For such a mindless easy pattern, it doesn’t seem to grow very quickly. Plus, I don’t think 15″ of lace is going to be long enough, even though I’m probably a full head shorter than the designer! I think my, um, WIDTH is taking away some of the length with the stretch. So after piece #2 is done, length needs to be added to piece #1 to make it long enough. Argh.
    Hmm. What was I trying to say here? Don’t give up on Orangina! It’s going to be worth it. And, um, race ya?

• heather said:

I’m definately at escape velocity with my red. I’m stuck in a 4×2 ribbing black hole. I’m definately coveting your orangina…so keep it going so I can drool helplessly when I see yours ok? Black is so so so very. :)

• kristin said:

ooo you’re so close you can almost taste the Orangina goodness. Put that evil Noro Daria away and get to it!
    BTW were you at the Austin Java Meetup 2 weeks ago? I thought that was you but I wasn’t sure.

• Jennifer said:

Ooh pretty- you are stronger than me. I would’ve caved already.

• Amanda Woodward said:

Oh that new stuff is GORGEOUS. I have terrible knitting ADD, I say go for the new stuff 😀

• Lolly said:

“Finish ME” screams Orangina!
    Do it! :)