Home » this & that, uncommon threads

lookit Pa! I’m’onna be on tha Tee Vee

5 July 2006 1,125 views 18 Comments

Mini_wallet_wips_sm
Orangina is off the needles (!) and most of my current sewing WIPs are incredibly close to the finish line. I’m hoping to complete as many as I can this week because my time will not be my own over the next month. As soon as my recently ordered fabric arrives at the house I’ll be preparing 3 sewing projects for…(drumroll please)…the taping of three episodes of Uncommon Threads for the DIY network!

I’d love to pretend to be all cool about it, but truthfully I’m super psyched. Textile Fetish Jennifer, our pal Marisa and I are flying to Los Angeles in early August for the show. Our episodes are part of season 2 and won’t air for a while yet, but meanwhile I’ll be DVR’ing season 1 to see what I’m in for.

Now if I can only wrangle that book deal…

• Julia said:

I am so excited for you! and I can’t wait to see them. I think I may need to engage the DVR myself – I watch a lot of crafty/diy shows, but I don’t know about that one – but I’ll get caught up. Book deals are cool, but hey, I think having your own craft show would be even better!

• Nadia said:

Congrats! If I had a TV-boxthingy I’d totally watch it.

• katrin said:

this is wonderful for you!
    i´m so disappointed that i cannot watch all those shows :(
    but keep fingers crossed that you rock the boat!

• Karen said:

Caro that is sooo cool! Congratulations! I will have to put that show on the Tivo!

• Kelli said:

Super exciting Caro! Many congrats. :)

• Jennifer said:

Congratulations! How exciting!

• Cathi said:

Congrats! You dang Austin crafters, taking over the world. :) Can’t wait to see you!

• FinnyKnits said:

WOW!! You’re the fanciest! I can’t wait to see you on TV! I will be DVRing my ass off for sure. Let us all know when you’ll be on won’t you? Then I can brag to hubby, “See! That awesomely crafty chick is my BT partner, Caro!” Love it.

• Emily said:

You lucky dog! I went out last summer to tape 2 shows, and it was so freakin fun. You will have the BEST time!!! I can’t wait to see you!

• NessieNoodle said:

HOLY CRAP!
    that is fantastic and exciting, and well… I am down right jealous. That is awesome.
    Too bad I don’t have cable tv. such a dork.
    hurray for caro!

• Abbe said:

How cool Caro! Break a leg, or a needle or something.

• Lolly said:

Caro, that is so friggin’ exciting!! If I was not so happy for you, I would be totally jealous! ;) (okay, I can be BOTH!) I have an episode on my TiVo and have not watched it yet… I will check it out too.
    YEA!!! :)

• kristin said:

Caro that’s friggin awesome!! I’m totally Tivo-ing the first season and now I can’t wait to see you on the second!

• Zonda said:

Wow, congrats! I wish you the best!!

• Dani said:

OMIGAWWWWD! You are famous! Your hammy spotlight-lovin’ drama queen cousin is like, DYING of jealousy. Do the fam proud.

• melanie said:

Rock on with your crafty self!! Be sure to let us know which episode so we can TiVo it!

• Christine said:

That is SO cool! So freakin’ cool! I mean, how cool is that??? SO COOL!
    I’m setting down the laptop right now so I can turn on the TV and set up the TiVo season pass! You’re going to be famous! That is so cool!

• Debbie said:

Congratulations, that is so cool! Crafty bloggers will undoubtedly be taking over the world, and not a moment too soon!! Wheeee!
    Now, if I only had the DIY network so I could actually watch the revolution. :(