Home » husband sweaters, knitting

second sleeve? check!

6 November 2006 1,055 views 7 Comments

An_autumn_hat_smNovember_sweater_sm_2
The Husband sweater, although it needs a better name, is flying along. I’ve successfully avoided Sleeve Island (hey Pixie, try knitting the sleeves first. That way you don’t get stuck with a pile of almost-vests) and started the body this weekend. I’m going to try and finish it up by the end of the month, so I guess that makes me an official NaKniSweMo participant.

I know I said originally that I was going to try and design this sucker myself, but I’ve decided not to. Everytime I sat down to work out the math or tweak some part of the cobbled together pattern I kept thinking that someone must have done this work before me. And better. And I was right. I decided to use the Elizabeth Zimmerman Seamless Hybrid pattern from Knitting Without Tears. I showed some pictures to the Husband and got immediate approval, so I’m taking the pressure off myself of having to create THE Sweater. The yarn is Cascade 220 in the imaginatively named colour 9459.

• janna said:

Don’t you love those Cascade 220 “names”? It really annoys me when yarn companies can’t come up with a descriptive name!

• Scoutj said:

But see, less time designing means more time making cool swag for me! I mean….. my customers. :)

• S t a c i said:

You’re lucky that you got immediate approval from The Husband on a sweater…either you knew exactly what to show him, or you have a nice, laid-back guy.
    I’ve only knit Chris ONE sweater. So sad. He’s very picky.

• Lolly said:

I love knitting Kris sweaters- I have many planned. He doesn’t completely appreciate them like I wish he would, but he knows how much time I spend on them, so that kind of counts. The sweater you are making is so nice – I love the tailored look of the hem. Very handsome ;)
    I am doing NaKniSweMo too!

• Kristin said:

Looks fabulous! I asked Josh if he wanted a sweater and he’s undecided about what kind he wants. So I’m holding off for a while.

• NessieNoodle said:

lovely photos today Caro.
    Don’t you just love the acorn tops? They make me smile.

• isel said:

Beautiful pictures!
    That sleeve looks like perfection to me.