Home » knitting, stash

deep in a green phase

11 January 2007 2,118 views 14 Comments

353250691_0a9d5b8cd7
353250694_321100a92f
353253230_289bbc8237
When we were at Kid n’ Ewe, Sea Anemone Amy and I spent some time chatting about our moo cards. I had been considering making a smaller-sized mini wallet for mine, but Amy has spared me the work. Look what she sent last week! The slide-top metal case is exactly the right size for the moo cards. Perfection! I’ll admit I had an overwhelming wave of nostalgia for highschool and apricot lip balm when I first opened it. Where did you find these, Amy?

She was also kind enough to include some gorgeous green stitch markers in the package; they’ll be perfect for the next project I’m contemplating. I was considering some kind of cardigan for myself in my semi-solid dark green Brooks Farm Four Play. The tricky part is working out what pattern because I only have 4 hanks (just under 1100 yds) to work with. The chances of scoring another hank are nil, so I have to be careful. I was mulling over Lucy in the Sky, but I’m not sure. I might just chuck the cardigan idea and go with Wicked so I won’t have to worry about yardage. Any other ideas? Is the perfect low-yardage sweater out there and I just don’t know it?

• Amy Mac said:

I LUUUUUURRRRRVVVVEEE Wicked!

• meg said:

wickedy wickedy whack, yo.
    no really, i love it. i think you should go for it.
    what happened to backyard leaves? still working on it or have a change of mind?
    those stitch markers are fab!

• stacey said:

what a great little tin – I thought of the same thing – the old lip balm!
    the green is so pretty – let us know when you decide on a pattern.

• JulieFrick said:

It’s not easy being green, unless you’re green and Wicked. Do it! And thanks for pointing me towards that great pattern!

• Anonymous said:

Now you got me all worried! I have 4 skeins of that same yarn and was planning on making the assymetrical cardigan from Yarnplay. :(
    Boo-hooo.
    Love the green stuff. 😀

• Christine said:

Oh – I had not seen Wicked before. I think you should totally go for it! It is fabulous, and great for the MN spring weather!
    I’m coveting your lip balm tin.

• Julia said:

Caro, this post has made my day! I *heart* Green!!

• Abbe said:

Great gobs of green goodness!
    I can see you’ve got some wicked fans here, but I’m not real big on the pockety thing. It’d be a lovely sweater without though.

• Zabrina said:

What about this sweater? http://misstwiss.blogspot.com/search/label/Knit%20In%20Chunks
    The pattern doesn’t seem to be quite finished yet, but.. well, you can knit it in chunks, eh?
    I like Wicked a lot, except for that pocket. It’s not that I mind pockets, in general; they’re really useful and all that. I just don’t think it looks good on that sweater. If you like it, though, then you should definitely go for it.

• zilya said:

I think Wicked is super cute! The cardigan is pretty too, but I have some deep-seated aversion to cardigans in general. I like the pocket on Wicked too.

• angela said:

i vote for lucy. a girl in my guild had it on at the last meeting and it just went to the top of my to knit list. it’s purdy.
    so is that green yarn.
    just discovered your site and love love love the things you make. i may have to dust off my sewing machine. thanks for the inspiration.

• katrin said:

wicked! yeah, that´s a cool sweater.
    i love the stitch markers – hope you´ll find them within the green yarn 😉

• LaBean said:

That’s some hot green you got there. Those stitch markers are very pretty too. What can you do with 110 yards.. a Vest or shell?? A Cardigan might be cutting it close unless you want something lacy.. And since you’re moving up towards colder weather… I dunno… hmmm

• KnittingPainterWoman said:

1. Ok, I read a bunch of previous entries, but missed out on something: What is a moo card?
    2. Sorry I missed you while you were in TX. Would love to visit in June or July. You’re welcome to come here in your winter. (It’s 25 in Plano, and 4 in Minneapolis).