Home » house, knitting, scarves

next up, more lace

22 May 2007 1,450 views 14 Comments

Sm_hanami_cast_on
Sm_basket_weave_begins
For a moment I had thought once the bathroom was finished the house remodel work would be done. Really though, is work on an older house EVER really finished?

One of the last next projects is the floor in the patio room. The previous owners didn’t tile under their crap built-ins (and how could they? Cute little mice had made nests there. Sheesh!) so that leaves me to repair their atrocities.

This morning I will set the tiles
so I can grout when we return from Vegas. (Vegas baby!) I’m motivated to wrap this up quickly so I can get to my new knitting project. Are those beads? Is that Sea Silk? Could it be I have forsaken the sock and cast on for Hanami?

Oh hells yeah.

• Cathi said:

Vegas! I can’t wait to hear about your exploits.

• Elizabeth said:

Oh my – that’s going to be gorgeous. I hadn’t seen that pattern before – thanks for the link. Have fun in Vegas – my favorite experience there was the New York casino, with its faux Greenwich Village.

• Abbe said:

Can’t wait to check out your seasilk.
    And have a blast in Vegas!

• stacey said:

GORGEOUS! I can’t wait to see more of this beautiful wrap – I love the beads, they add just that “umpf”…looks like it would be good to wear in Vegas too!:)

• anne said:

Mmm, Hanami. I just started one, too – with Zephyr and iridescent beads. The beaded cast-on is a thing of beauty. So lovely in black!

• michael said:

That stole is going to be ASTOUNDING. My town, like DC, has a… healthy amoount of cherry blossom trees, and I might have to make that some day.

• laura said:

hey caro! just making sure you got my email – i’m in town now and would love to meet up!

• LaBean said:

“Are those beads? Is that Sea Silk? Could it be I have forsaken the sock and cast on for Hanami?
    Oh hells yeah.”
    That alone made me giggle. It’s so good to laugh and not feel pain anymore.. Thank you for that. You’ve got some pretty beads there! Do I dare to incorporate beads into a project? I should stop being so chicken and just go for it.
    As for the house, no I don’t think repairs are ever done on an old house. My aunt bought one and was so overwhelmed with it she had to give it up.

• Chris said:

*drool* Oh, it’s going to be YUMMY.

• Sherry said:

Pretty!!!

• katrin said:

wow, the yarn looks wonderful – so shimmering… and the beads… ^.^
    this will turn out beautifully, can’t wait to see it finished!

• Anonymous said:

I want to make that! I want to so badly!! It’s such a beautiful pattern, and that yarn. What is it with you and the most delicious stuff lately?! :D
    Have fun in Vegas.