Home » shop update, uncommon threads

away games

11 June 2007 1,335 views 8 Comments

Sm_after_8_mint_standing_2
Sm_grammas_dress_standing_2
TV alert:
The third episode of Uncommon Threads we taped last summer is going to air on HGTV tomorrow morning! (Old Cover, New Trick. I’m going to make a CD case in the same way that I make my needlecases.) Set the DVR, cheer me on and then please go easy on me if I say something goofy. (Or god forbid, high-five on national TV like I did in the first episode. Sheesh. I’m such a dork.)

I’ve been bustin’ a hump all weekend to put together a fat splityarn shop update before we leave town to go to the next set of weddings. First it was Vegas, now Montreal, Connecticut, Vancouver and finally Cape Cod. We’ve been calling it the Great Wedding Tour of Aught Seven. I’ll only have one or two days at home between each trip so I wanted to make sure the shop was full of needle cases because I won’t have any time to sew over the next month. The bonus of the travel will definitely be some good solid knitting time on each of those flights. I could even get Hanami finished before the end of the summer if I don’t catch startitis…

• meg said:

hey, it’s not showing up on my dvr. DIY has an episode at 12:30 but nothing is showing up on HGTV. what up with that?

• caro (author) said:

I just double checked our DVR and HGTV has it listed in the guide as “Thread.”

• Jennifer said:

I feel your pain. I have a wedding in San Antone this weekend, one in San Diego, CA on 7/1 and another in Ft. Lauderdale on 8/10. I have managed to avoid attending weddings since…oh…around 1993. How did I get roped into three in one summer? Hope you enjoy your travels!

• s t a c i said:

I think I missed the show, too! I’m recording the episode on DIY today, just in case. :(
    Dang.

• Cynthia said:

Really enjoyed seeing you on “Uncommon Threads”. You did a great job! (and remembered not to ‘high five’! Now I can put a ‘face to your blog’. Ingenious way to use old books. Thanks!
    Cynthia

• jenny r said:

So what did you think Caro? I think you’ve definitely shown a good deal of crafting versatility, not to mention skill with sharp and pointy objects (and I totally WANT that double-needle contraption!).

• Diana said:

Wow! That certainly sounds like a whirlwind wedding tour! At least you are travelling to some cool places!
    Loved your craft bucket from Uncommon Threads! I have made 3 already!

• missfee said:

Thankyou for the great needle case – my gorgeous boyfriend just bought me one for my birhtday and it arrived today – can’t wait to use it over the weekend at all my knitting groups