Home » kittehs

senorita Indy

27 July 2007 2,120 views 23 Comments

Sm_indy_birthday
Sm_can_haz_cupcake
I realize this post will probably push me another step closer to Crazy Cat Lady status, but I have no knitting to show, nothing for Fiberlicious Friday, no Eye Candy Friday pics, nothing. I’ve been busy in the sewing room, but there’s no progress documented. Plus I’m supposed to be packing for a girls weekend of knitting (and drinking) so rather than chase down some WIP pictures, I’m going to distract you with pictures of the cat.

Little Miss Indy turns 10 this week and is now (according to the vet) a senior cat. She started her life as a Pemberton barn kitten who was returned to the feed store three times before I adopted her. Since then she has lived in 9 houses in 4 cities in 2 different countries. She wasn’t fond of the plane ride to Austin, but can you blame her? Anyway, Happy Birthday you crazy Triscuit-loving kitteh.

*And because I know someone will say something about the chocolate, no, she didn’t eat the cupcake, yes I know that chocolate is bad for pets. (Do you really think I would share a cupcake?)  I put kitty treats behind it to suck her into the shot, but she wouldn’t eat them off the plate. Her human food consumption was limited to one blue sprinkle.

• LaBean said:

Awww Happy Birthday precious Indy!! I’m heading out this evening for a knitting/drinking night too! Enjoy it!!

• Ashley said:

Awww, she CAN haz sprinkles!
    A note on the chocolate: my dog ate a bunch of trail mix once when I was out of the house, and of course I panicked and called the vet, but she told me that an animal would have to eat about a tenth of its bodyweight in chocolate before you really need to worry. Not that I’m advocating sharing that cupcake, but if she did happen to get in a leetle lick, no worries.

• Christy / Not Hip said:

Oh, the kitty treat trick. We use it whenever we try to get our cat to do something.
    My kitty is naturally whiny, so when my husband took her on the plane from VA to OR; she was very vocal and very loud about the whole thing (for the entire plane ride). A pet psychic came up to him in the airport to volunteer to help him out. She told him that she senses that the cat was very anxious and stressed out. It was all he could do not to say “No shit, you mean that’s why she is crying at the top of her lungs?”
    I was lucky enough to miss the whole thing, already being in OR at the time.

• Jeanne B. said:

Happy Birthday, Indy!
    Paws,
    Jake, Zander, Ophelia, Sam & Tyler

• gina said:

Great shots!
    My dogs have both stolen their fair share of chocolate and have lived to well, do it again. One of my dogs even ate all the little brown wrappers out of an empty chocolate box!
    Cats are so much more sensible.

• Kate said:

Happy Birthday Indy!! Like children, they grow up so quickly don’t they? I can imagine you’re going to be hanging with some very pink ladies so tell the most very pinkish one that Anxiousdog-Kate says hello! And to save room for a rocket-scientist!

• Nora said:

Aaaaaaw, I love the photo where she’s about to eat the blue sprinkle.

• Kylie said:

Happy B’day Indy! So very very cute :)

• Plum Texan said:

i’m in ur table…(not rly) eetin ur cupcake
    Sorry…couldn’t resist (I just spent an hour looking at I Can Has Cheezburger). I actually stopped by to tell you that a) my boy cat loves Triscuits too and b) he and his sister are turning 10 this year as well! Senior cats? Really?
    Happy b-day to Miss Indy!

• Karma said:

Happy Birthday, kitty! What clever photo styling… made for such a sweet little picture!

• Mandy said:

Happy Birthday to Miss Indy! She’s adorable!
    My cat Sam loves human food, particularly Cheetos. It’s concerning. I would not have dared set a cupcake in front of him because he would have devoured it in one bite.

• Kelly said:

awww she’s beautiful! Happy birthday Indy!!!

• Michal said:

happy b-day, Indy! how cute… cats are really not suposed to eat human treats, but as cats – they hardly do what they’re supposed to do… http://yarn-n-coffee.blogspot.com/2007/05/rhaaaaaaaa.html
    enjoy the birthday weekend!

• Chris said:

Happy birthday, Senorita Indy! (Hey, what’s wrong with being a Crazy Cat Lady anyway?! Heck, there’s even a Crazy Knitting Cat Ladies ring…)

• Frarochvia said:

Happy birthday Indy! She and the pictures are too freaking cute!

• Amy said:

What adorable photos of her with the cupcake! Those are awesome.

• Carrie said:

Great photos!
    Happy Birthday, Indy!!

• parnella said:

so sweet! Happy birthday Indy!

• lynette said:

happy birthday Indy!!! a cat and a cupcake. you can’t go wrong with this post. :-)

• Stacey said:

My Noodle is 10 years old too and still a wild boy. I think the term senior for cats 7 and over is misleading since 10 kinda seems like middle-age for cats, doesn’t it? Happy Birthday Indy

• Amy K. said:

I’m moving to the San Jose area at the end of August. I’m not looking forward to the plane ride with my 14 year old Siamese who is very “talkative” at the best of times.

• marti said:

i love that kitty photo! my kitty loves to eat popcorn, so whenever we have it at home, she dives right in, snatches a couple of kernels and she is good to go. Silly feline!

• jenny r said:

My mom would make cakes for our dogs’ birthdays. I have the portraits to prove it. She didn’t give a second thought to chocolate. And they lived to be almost 20 (in people years!).