Home » knitting, scarves

amidst the chaos

7 August 2007 1,110 views 7 Comments

Sm_hanami_wip
Sm_hanami_chaos
Sm_hanami_folds
You’d think that with all the airplane knitting time I had last month that I’d have made faster progress on Hanami. Throw in a weekend knitting retreat and it should be blocking right now, right? Yeah. Well. Not so much. I purposely put Hanami in the checked luggage to force myself to finish a much-delayed sock. The damn sock is still on the needles, but I have a full sudoku book. As for the knitting retreat, I made better progress on my liver degeneration than I did on Hanami.

This week I’ve been concentrating on trying to get this stole off the needles. I’m two dozen rows away from completion which means it could be finished in time for my next trip to Vancouver at the end of the month. Should be perfect timing as that’s where its intended recipient lives. Did I mention I’m giving it away? I’m waffling about it, but I think it’s the right thing to do.

• Julia said:

I admire your strength. I’m not sure I could give it away. It’s really such a beautiful blend of pattern and yarn.

• meg said:

Wow, you’ve made a ton of progress just in the last couple of days. I can’t wait to see it all blocked out. It’s going to be stunning!

• stacey said:

that is beautiful – you are one strong person to be able to give it away!!!!!

• lyndsey-jane said:

It looks wonderful. I love the colour – what yarn are using?

• Kristin said:

I can’t wait to see it blocked. I feel like I’ve gotten to know Hanami so well, I may have to knit one myself!

• Suzanne V. (Yarnhog) said:

Well, it looks just lovely. Giving it away will be tough. (When I went on vacation recently, I read four books and didn’t knit a stitch. Who’d have thought?)

• s t a c i said:

“I made better progress on my liver degeneration than I did on Hanami.”
    haha…you said it, baby.
    Hanami is really lovely. Such beautiful work.