Home » FOs, socks

eighth socks finished

20 September 2007 1,205 views 6 Comments

Sm_fil_socks_bottom
Sm_fil_socks_top
Sm_fil_socks_heel_deet
The only Christmas knitting that I’m going to do this year is finished. One pair of socks for the father in law. The pressure to really crank out a lot of handknits (albeit self-imposed) is a bit much, so I’m officially putting myself on an every-other-year schedule. Sorry family, no knits for you.

Pattern: 6 x 2 rib with the Yarn Harlot’s basic sock recipe from Knitting Rules
Yarn: Indigo Moon fingering weight, bought at Three Bags Full in Vancouver.
Needles: Size 2 US (3.0mm) KnitPicks DPNs
Started: August 10th, 2007
Finished: September 17th, 2007
Final Verdict: When the Husband tried them on, I realize that they’re too long in the foot. They’re just for wearing around the house in the cold Cape Cod winter though, so I don’t think it’s a big deal. Merry Christmas FIL, forget that you saw this post!

Ravelry project details

• meg said:

they came out so nice. i love the simple ribbing it really looks great. so classic.

• Emily said:

That is a really fantastic manly pair of socks!

• Sarah said:

Just lovely. Perfect pattern for a mans sock.

• Chris said:

They’re lovely! I’m knitting several pairs of socks for my SIL, and probably a pinwheel sweater for my niece. But I have the first pair of socks mostly done and the second pair started, so this is feasible.

• Heather said:

Yes, Holiday knitting really bites the big one. I’m making something for each parent and everyone else can sit and spin!

• Knitting Bandit said:

Great socks. Love the color and simple pattern.