Home » FOs, knitting, scarves

in the meantime

7 November 2007 1,246 views 14 Comments

Sm_alpaca_neckwarmer
Sm_the_button
Husband Sweater #2 is off the needles and blocking slowly in the guest room. The Husband is impatient to wear it and I’m impatient to get some finished object photos. Sadly we’re both going to have to wait until Saturday morning when there’s some decent daylight (and when the effin’ thing is finally dry.)

In the meantime, I’ve kept myself busy knitting up a quick Alpaca Neckwarmer. I think this one took longer to block than it did to knit. Speedy! A proper modeled shot will have to wait until Saturday as well. All my efforts this morning
came out myspace-like (mostly rack and hardly any FO.) It’s time to invest in a new tripod and camera remote. Santa?

Pattern: Yarn Abuse’s Cashmere Neckwarmer
Yarn: One skein of Elsebeth Lavold Chunky AL. 50% Alpaca, 50% Wool
Needles: Size 11 US (8.0mm) bamboo
Modifications: I was knitting at a slightly smaller gauge than called for in the pattern, so I cast on 19 instead of 15.

Ravelry project details

• adrienne said:

This is VERY cute!!!

• meg said:

I love this and am actually thinking I want to make several for my in-laws Christmas gifts. Great color! Love the button.

• Suzanne V. (Yarnhog) said:

Two words: steam blocking. I can’t possibly sit still for two or three days, waiting to see how my project has turned out. Unless it is absolutely necessary (lace, or–god forbid–acrylic), I steam block. Instant gratification. Can’t wait to see the sweater, though!

• Nanc said:

That neckwarmer is loverly. I can’t wait for the model shot of this and the sweater.

• finnyknits said:

Fine. FINE. I will make this gorgeous and lusty looking neck warmy.
    I LOVE THIS. Beautiful job as always. Plus, love the Ravelry link. You read my mind, missy.

• bea said:

oooo…I love this. It looks soft, cozy, and warm! I can’t wait to see the sweater either!

• terri said:

I read the beginning of your post too quickly and thought it said “Husband #2 is in the Guest Room!” Whoops, she keeps a husband in each room?
    But seriously, the neckwarmer is lovely and looks very comfy too.

• Lolly said:

I queued this one up awhile back – your version is wonderful! great button!

• Chrissy said:

That button is perfect for that project. It looks like slate. I always have trouble finding the perfect button. Great job!

• Susannah Rohloff said:

Hi, I was just bored and snoopy and… Wow, that is seriously one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen! You are so talented! Do you, um, sell these? I seriously would love to buy one, or two, or three….
    I still remember the elementary school days when your mom made you all your clothes…guess you inherited her talent, eh? That is so cool.
    Susannah

• diana said:

What a nice neckwarmer. I need to make myself one of these.

• Nora said:

This is so elegant. Love it!

• pamela wynne said:

I hadn’t seen the neckwarmer pattern, and it’s just perfect. I love the asymmetry of it. Will definitely add it to my queue.
    Can’t wait to see the sweater!

• Alison said:

beautiful – I immediately queued it in ravelry. The finer stitch you’ve used has worked so well.