Home » sewing, shop update

coin purse mania

20 November 2007 2,450 views 9 Comments

Sm_zip_pouches0002
Sm_zip_pouches0005Sm_zip_pouches0004Every morning this week I got up, I poured a big cup of coffee and locked myself in my office. My goal was to sit at the sewing machine for at least an hour to get the juices flowing. My thought is to use up fabric scraps and notions that I already have and shop from my stash until the New Year. The result this week: teeny little change purses. They’re addictive to make! I’ve listed most of them in the splityarn shop today and I expect more by the end of the week.

The hardest to cut into was that fabulous red and white knitting print. I followed a link from 6.5 Stitches a while back to Aunty Cookie’s Etsy shop. It was a limited edition fabric print and I snapped up all that I could. It’s one shop I’m going to keep my eye on. Gorgeous stuff!

• Abbe said:

So cute! Glad to see you’ve got your sew juices flowing.

• Kate said:

Ooh, I missed the Aunty Cookie’s fabric change purses! I will now be stalking your etsy shop in case you score some more of the fabric!

• Coastergirl said:

Wherever did you get your labels?

• maryse said:

hmmm i missed the little knitter’s coin purses. oh well. i have enough stuff.

• Leslie said:

Looks like those with the knitting print have already been snatched up! So cute!

• Péitseoga said:

Wow, those look good, very neat zips! I am still hoping I’ll get into a frenzy like that, to produce a variety of christmas presents and use up lots of fabrics! but at the moment i’m quite hooked on knitting, which doesn’t do anything to decrease the stash…

• Marseille said:

I’ve been looking for labels sort of like yours–smaller than the usual ones you get from needlework supply places. Where did you get them from? Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks!

• Lil' d said:

Such great fabric choices.

• Alice said:

I can’t get the pics of directions to load — just the little box with an x in the upper right corner.

Help!