Home » this & that

it’s snowing!

13 December 2007 1,599 views 26 Comments

Sm_snowday003
Sm_snowday005
Scratch that, it’s DUMPING out there. In what can only be fortuitous timing, on the exact day that my new boots arrived, one hour before I had an appointment to get snowtires put on the car, the first big snow storm of the season hit.

I immediately cancelled the car appointment, put on my new boots and walked down to Mind’s Eye Yarns to grab 2 skeins of Cascade 220; a dark tweedy purple and a creamy white for the Bird in Hand mittens. Tonight’s schedule is a little shovelling, a little soup and a whack of knitting. Hey Mum, want some new mittens? The purple is for you!

New boots, an LYS within walking distance and snow. I think I’ve died and gone to heaven.

• stephieknits said:

That is timing!!! The snow looks beautiful. LYS within walking distance! Sweet!

• melana said:

yes, you are a lucky one!!

• Danielle said:

Well, at least someone is excited about the snow :)

• ami said:

I love snow! Especially when I don’t have to drive in it. I also am a lucky soul with a knitting store withing walking distance. I am totally tempted to go get some cascade 220 now.

• Steph said:

That’s so great! I’m glad that you are enjoying your new home. :)

• Bea said:

No kidding, it sure sounds that way!

• Heather said:

Enjoy your snow day…our version of it down in PA. was a treacherous ice storm!!

• Courtney said:

It’s finally not hot in Big Texas and I’ve worn handknit sock for two days in a row, but I’m still very jealous. Snow, boots, walking anywhere much less to a LYS, I think you are in heaven.

• scoutj said:

You are so damn cute. I just want to see if you’re still loving it in March….. HA!!! (I can say this since I’m from Vermont!)

• Ruth said:

Hooray! (Here, too – all day, and another 10 cm or more by tomorrow night. Still a few hazards on the ski-out, but it’s getting there.)

• Becky said:

I’m so jealous of the LYS within walking distance…but not the snow! I’ve got to drive at least 30 minutes to my LYS and that’s because it just opened up in its current location. Before that it was 45 min to an hour. Anyway, enough griping, I’m glad you had a great day.

• maryse said:

woo-hoo!! snow in the city rocks.
    4 hours on the road because of the snow doesnt’ rock so much. but my mini made it home like a trooper so it’s good. yay mini!

• stacey said:

lucky you! walking distance to a LYS! We ended up with about a foot of really light fluffy snow. It was nice to watch it come down with a hot cup of tea…

• Stacey said:

And here I thought that I was lucky because I only live at the most 5 minutes away from my LYS by car. I love my little zippered bags by the way! So cute…now I just need to decide who is “special” enough to receive one. One is definitely for me!

• Julia said:

Aww, you look so happy and at home in that photo!! I wish it would snow here, we’ve had rain rain rain!!

• s t a c i said:

It’s like you’ve moved to another PLANET compared to Austin, huh? You look very much at home in a wool coat and cap (makes sense considering your history!).
    It isn’t exactly cold in Austin right now, but chilly enough that long pants are required. It’s nice to have a short break from shaving my legs. :)

• s t a c i said:

whoops – I hit “post” before I was finished…
    I’m really enjoying watching your 365 photo project!

• Crystal said:

YAY, SNOW! I left work early, got a hot chocolate from dunkin’ donuts ont eh way home, changed immediately into flannel pj’s and sat on the couch enjoying the christmas tree. And I shoveled at 9:00pm. When was the last time you got to see snow like that?

• meg said:

that sounds pretty much perfect.
    love this picture.

• Karen said:

I remember feeling that way about snow. A long, long time ago. I’m glad you enjoyed your snow day so much. :)

• Abbe said:

Snow?! But you’re missing the Texas winter, rain, fog and a random series of cold fronts so you never know if it’s going to be 40 or 80 degrees out. Oh well, have fun with the white stuff.

• Suzanne V. (Yarnhog) said:

Wow! How beautiful. Enjoy your night in!

• Kellee said:

heh. i was thinking of you as i was slogging down highland last night, wondering if you were as giddy as i imagined at this wee bit o winter we’re having. t’was beautiful, no?

• Barbara said:

No contentment for me until there are good tires on my four wheel drive. We don’t get the New England snow but I’m still very leery about driving in it. Go get those snows on!
    Barbara

• Emily said:

Look at you! You are so cute!

• diana said:

Wait, you walked over to Mind’s Eye? Are you living in Porter Square now? How did I miss this????