Home » FOs, knitting

twist and shout

29 December 2007 20,324 views 57 Comments

Twist is done! Finished! And I couldn’t be happier. I really dragged out the last 10% of this sweater. I suppose it’s because if I took my time and only worked on it here and there, I wouldnt rush the finishing. I am usually so desperate to complete a project and start the next that I don’t take my time with the final details. And really, if I’ve put two months into a project, why not put as much care and attention into the last few days as I did at the start. The other reason I took so long may have been anticipation of a mourning period of not having it to work on anymore. At any rate, it’s complete, it’s comfy, super warm and I think the fit is great for what I’d imagined.

twist finished

Pattern: Twist by Bonne Marie Burns of Chic Knits

twist back

Yarn: 6.25 skeins of Cascade 220 in colour 9458. Two of the plys are brown, two are black. Hands down my favourite colour combo in the world. Most of my wardrobe fits into the brown or black category and now I can wear this sweater with all of it.

twist cables

Needles:
Size 7 US (5.0mm) Bamboo

Started: November 8th, 2007
Finished: December 26th, 2007

twist cuffs

Modifications: I knit the body about an inch longer than the pattern and the arms about 3 inches longer. Changing the number of stitches to pick up on the button band to account for extra length was giving me fits, so I picked up three and skipped one. It took all the math out and didn’t make my head hurt. Buttonhole placement was worked according to the formula in the back of Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques.

365.30

Final Verdict:
I’d like for it to be about an inch longer, but I can block it out next time it has a bath. It’s warm though and so far I love it. Bring on the cold weather.

twist shoulder

Ravelry project details

• stacey said:

Gorgeous!

• Melana said:

so flippin’ gorgeous! i love everything about it: the yarn, the color, the perfect cables. amazing!! it looks fantastic on you.

• Mintyfresh said:

seriously, Caro: this is incredible!

• Silver Ilix said:

Had to say, YUMMY!!! that looks awesome! I think I will have to add it to my faves on Ravelry!! Thanks for sharing!

• Tina said:

That’s beautiful!

• Hedgewitch said:

SUCH a fab piece of knitting .. I love the colour (my favourites are earthy browns and greens) and I am a massive cable fan, so this just took my breath away!
    you have inspired me to keep on with my own projects :-)

• Tanya said:

Your blog inspired me to start a cabled project. I bought the Twist pattern for myself. I have a couple questions if you don’t mind?
    I bought Cascade 220, did you use single strand? I too went up a needle size, but still can’t achieve gauge….so I am wondering if you held 2 strands together? Any tips would be most apprecitated! It is truly a beautiful piece!