Home » knitting

new year, new sweater

9 January 2008 1,704 views 22 Comments

Sm_back_block002
Sm_back_block001
Sm_365_cph_block
After finishing Twist, I wasted no time starting on the next big project. As soon as I hit ‘post,’ I printed out the pattern for the Knitscene Central Park Hoodie. By the end of the day, I had the ribbing on the back finished. This weekend with an impromptu trip to New York, I finished up the back on the train. I won’t be able to keep up the pace for long, so it’s best to get the biggest part done first, right?

The Rowan Scottish Tweed is pretty crunchy coming off the ball, but judging by the swatch, it will bloom nicely after a quick wet block. For now though, my stitching looks uneven due to the stiffness of the yarn, so pardon the mess.

• Abbe said:

Looks fantastic so far. I may have to make one of these things myself.

• Zarah said:

It’s may be “crunchy,” but it looks good to me!

• meg said:

Hey I think it looks great, actually.
    The back was actually my favorite part because it’s pretty mindless. The hood feels never ending but maybe that’s because I feel like someone’s creeping up on me.

• PlazaJen said:

Ohhhhhh, that’s lovely. Magnificent cables! I want to knit all the time. All. the. time. Except when it’s time to play Guitar Hero. Basically, this work thing is really cramping my style.
    You’re going so fast, it’ll be done next week! Can’t wait to see!

• paula said:

Ohh, that looks great. Must finish two other sweaters…

• Kirsty said:

It will block up just fine. Keep going, you’re inspiring me to get moving on a cardi that’s been languishing in the too hard basket!

• Sue said:

The CPH looks great so far. The hood does take the longest to knit up though! Love the color too.

• AmyDe said:

I think it looks GREAT. I love that – when yarn is kind of ‘crunchy’ – it makes me feel a little closer to the process. I can’t wait to see it finished.

• Jeanne B. said:

Dang, girl! You’re fast! So far it looks superb. I’d suggest you consider joining the CPH KAL but you might be finished before you see this comment! LOL! (If you’re interested anyway, it’s http://cphkal.blogspot.com)

• Emily said:

That is a gorgeous color for that sweater. Dang, girl, you are fast! I still haven’t gotten your brown sweater out of my head!

• Péitseoga said:

doesn’t look uneven to me at all! and you’re a very fast knitter!!

• s t a c i said:

Man, that is gorgeous. I’m really tempted to make it now! Can’t wait to see it as an FO.

• stacey said:

that is going fast! love the tweedy cables….it looks like it will bloom nicely after a block!

• Mandella said:

It doesn’t look uneven to me, and the colour is lovely. I wish I knitted as fast as you.

• Karma said:

That cardi has been on my list for ages. Seeing how quickly you’re knitting it up makes me want to bump it up again! Love the color you’re using.

• Lolly said:

What a yarn! it is gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see more, Caro!

• mari said:

This has been on my to-knit list forever.
    Yours is coming out great! :)

• Mintyfresh said:

Wow, those cables sure pop with that yarn–or is it the camera lens? :) Can’t wait to see it!

• Silver Ilix said:

Wow, you are rockin it!! Awesome, That CPH is on my list for sure!

• Stephanie said:

mmm. cables – love the twist – it’s one I’m thinking of knitting myself. Just finished my own CPH just before the new year – yours looks gorgeous, cant wait to see it blooming!

• Peacock Chic said:

oh wow that is coming out soooo nice. Keep it up!

• yuvee said:

Those stitches look magnificent actually, I love how the cables ‘pop’ out.