Home » knitting, shop update

uh, whoops

3 March 2008 1,622 views 8 Comments

It’s funny, because when you hit ‘publish’ in your head, the posts don’t actually make it on to the interwebs. Somehow I keep forgetting that.

day 2 wicked progress

Wicked is about 80% finished, even though I haven’t knit a stitch of it since last Sunday. All that is left are the sleeves and working out the increases I want for the waist shaping. I’d considered not putting the kangaroo pocket on because really, who wants to draw attention to that area of your tummy, but if I don’t knit it the sweater becomes really blah. It’s just a top down, easy-peasy pullover and I’d like it to have a little something more to it. So pocket it is. Besides, I’m not ever going to keep anything in it, so it’s not going to make me look that much poochier.

I’ve updated the shop for this week. Next week look for some matching needlecases and some more matchy-matchy pouches.

The shop's updated!

• Manise said:

It’ll be nice to warm your hands in the pouch if needed. Great color.

• LaBean said:

I’m loving the color you chose for the sweater! May I suggest duplicate stitching a little design on the upper chest area? your initial, perhaps? Or,if you have enough yarn make two little square pockets to put towards the sides of the sweater? That’ll make it not-plain, and yet not have a big ol’ pocket smack dab in the middle of your stomach..

• finnyknits said:

Personally, I find that kangaroo pockets allow me to hide the poochiness a little bit. I am a fan. I have many kangaroo pocketed sweatshirts. You know, for the poochiness.
    Meanwhile I may have to go take a look at your needle cases since the one you gifted me back in the day has reached capacity and started to fight back. :)

• stinkerbell said:

yes indeed I know that feeling.
    I love that yarn.
    and ummm I might have to stalk your needle cases if I get my paycheck in time. really could you have better fabric and fiber tastes?? :)

• Mosi said:

I’m really pleased to hear that I haven’t missed the needlecases this week. Sounds as if they’re going to pretty popular but hope to manage to buy one.

• Sara said:

Wicked is looking great!! It was awesome to meet you at SPA!

• Rosa said:

I love the color! I can’t wait to see the pouch. I am sure it won’t create that pooch effect. The needlecases look great too. Good luck.

• Kathy said: