I’ve finished the first Noro Striped Sock. It really isn’t that momentous until I consider that I haven’t finished a sock since last September. By the time the second is off the needles, it will have been a year. A year! I’ve started a few socks over the months, but none have them were working for me. Every single one, riiiiip.
After the last post someone asked how I was alternating between the two ends of the skein. All I’m doing is carrying the yarn up when it’s time to switch every 5 rows. I’m a bit lazy when it comes to colour changes too; I simply wrap the two strands together as one for the first stitch and then drop the old yarn. I did the colour changes directly down the back of the leg until the heel. For the foot I moved it over to the side so I won’t have to walk on the line of extra yarn. Easy!
The yarn was coming out in clumps of the center of the skein so for the second sock I’ve split the remainder into two balls. Should make things a little more manageable for Wednesday’s airplane knitting. Gotta go pack my flipflops…