Home » stash

always the same, only not

31 October 2008 1,200 views 11 Comments

You can't go to a sheep and wool festival without buying anything. Well, I suppose you can, but sometimes it's more fun to come home with a souvenir or seven. I went through a lot of the booths at Rhinebeck, but as the particularly rare breed of the non-stashing knitter that I am, I didn't get tempted by much.

brooks farm acero

Much.

brooks farm acero

I'm ALWAYS tempted by Brooks Farm and I indulged myself for the first time in two years since seeing them at Kid n Ewe in Texas. I've since knit up all the yarn I got then as Wicked, The Totally Not Noro Noro scarf, Backyard Leaves and the Shetland Triangle.

brooks farm mas acero

I haven't got plans for all these yarns yet, but I'm thinking a scarf or two, a wrap, and after seeing Maya's version in person maybe a grown-ass woman sweater for myself. So basically all the same base projects, just different versions. Am I predictable or what?

brooks farm solo silk

• Chrissy said:

Knitting the February Lady Sweater is a great idea! I just finished one and I love it. It’s a fast knit taking me just over a week to finish. Happy knitting!

• adele said:

ooh, that looks like lovely yarn, especially the top 3. That pink is so, so nice!
    I’ll have to check this yarn out. Thanks for the heads up.

• emma said:

Hey! I thought I was the only knitter who had almost no stash (I don’t think four skeins counts as a stash). Good to know there are others of us out there! And in the Boston area too!

• AmyDe said:

I am a recent convert to the non-stashing knitters club – I gave it all away and only have about 6 projects worth (and 4 of those are socks). I don’t think predictable is a bad thing – I think predictable is also reliable. GORGEOUS colors btw.

• gleek said:

maya’s FLS is totally what inspired me to start my own!

• janna said:

I bought some Brooks Farm Mas Acero at Stitches Midwest, for a February Lady Sweater. I can’t resist Brooks Farm…

• Heather said:

You know what you like and you have a system. So much better sounding that predictable!

• maya said:

oooh–that’s a lot of mas acero! I wish I had bought more myself at rhinebeck. oh well… happy to hear my my sweater inspired you. :)

• kelp! said:

I love that Brooks Farm is what broke you! Might as well hoard what you love, right?
    The blue one on the bottom is my favorite. Mmmm, need… more… Brooks… Farm!

• Sara said:

YUM!

• nova said:

I just stayed away from Brooks Farm this year. I knew I would just buy the yarn because it’s pretty and it would stay in the stash with no particular use in mind. I love all the ones you got though. Gorgeous. Oh, I think I need to pay you some money…