Home » this & that

three hundred and some odd

24 November 2008 1,689 views 14 Comments

It's hard to believe, but I'm coming close to finishing the 365 days self-portrait project. When I first started it, I had doubts that I'd be able to complete a whole year without missing a single photo. I'm an excellent starter of projects, but not always such a great finisher. I have to say, I've completely surprised myself. I'm at day 361 today and on Friday, I'll be finished. An entire year in photos. If you've ever considered trying to keep a diary? This is the easiest way to do it.

In anticipation of the last day (and because I have no other knitting or sewing finished) I'm going to post a few of my favourites over the next couple days. Some are pretty, some are unshowered, some are goofy, few are serious, so I think overall it's a well-rounded representation of me.

The power to fly would be handy for a tonne of reasons (365.81)

crazy cat lady? (365.270)

Some days you ask yourself (365.333)

365.42 Striped

• Preita said:

Your photoshopped ones are just amazing to me! :) I love all your 365 photos, I wish mine were are intresting, but then again I still have quite along way to go 😀 Congrats on making it a whole year.

• nancy said:

I LURVE the elvis costello pic…I agree, it’s a perfect way to keep a diary. You have so many greats Caro, please say you’ll do a year two?

• KeanaLee said:

Great pics, I love them all! I am really enjoying your flickr page.

• LEO said:

omg I LOVE the one with all the cats. The look on your face says it all.

• D said:

I was just thinking about the superpowers photos this morning. I’m looking forward to Friday’s photo :)
    (And yes, a year 2 please!)

• Christy / Not Hip said:

I’m really confused by the first pic. I think I missed that one in your flickr

• Janet said:

I totally love the one with the cats. You are too cute!

• margaux said:

you are a master at photoshop! wow i love the portraits… makes me want to give this a shot… i too am a great Starter.

• mai said:

i love keeping up with my flickr contacts through their 365 SPs, but i don’t think i could ever do it either! congrats – you’re almost at the end!

• karen BORREL said:

oh gosh I love your pictures – it’s been a pleasure to see each one every day – thank you !

• Peacock Chic said:

Oh man your shots are so good. Love them!! Especially the cat lady one…hee hee.
    I hope my 365 turns out as great as yours!

• Steph said:

I’m sad to see that you’ll be done with it by Friday!
    What are you going to do with yourself when there’s no 365 shot to take?!

• Laura said:

Ha! I love the one with the cats!

• katie said:

all of your pictures are so fun and inspiring! you have a new fan.