Home » sewing, shop update

from start to finish

10 February 2009 1,586 views 13 Comments

As part of the Year in Pictures group I spent last week photographing the process of sewing camera straps for the shop. Just one photo to sum up each day.  I wanted to focus on some of the details that I get to enjoy every day while sitting at my sewing machine that others don't always get to see. Stacks of fabric, colourful pins and the magic when you turn something right side out and see that it's all coming together. It's so easy to get caught up in the chain piecing, endless ironing and piles of interfacing that I think it's important to stand back and catch of glimpse of some of the snapshots of beauty that happen while making.

YIP, a week in progress in the studio

YIP, a week in progress in the studio

YIP, a week in progress in the studio

YIP, a week in the studio

YIP, a week in the studio

o hai deer!

Once I get back from Austin next week I'm going to continue the photos for the rest of February because I've enjoyed the results so much. (Next shop update will be Wednesday, February 25th at 7PM Eastern.)

Edited to add the Calendar reminder for the shop update:

• mai said:

beautiful photos! i love that we can see your whole process.

• Stephanie said:

Sewing sounds so much more complicated than knitting. I admire you for being able to keep up with it! It looks really cool and colorful, too. Great photos, really. :)

• Vicki said:

Thank you!! I wish I did more sewing so I could justify having stacks of fabric and piles of pins. And thanks for the heads-up on the shop update. I was just over there this morning because I *NEED* a pick-me-up camera strap. I will be knocking on the door on the 25th!

• Susan (Plum Texan) said:

I will be at the Nest this weekend and will do my best to say hi!

• rachel said:

Oh gosh you’re the best–thanks for giving a date & time!! Now I can stop DSLR stalking your shop for a while :)

• Kim said:

Will there be any robot pouches by chance? I’m excited to see what’s in store with the “new release!”

• Debt Solutions said:

You have made them. Is there any similar things available in the shops? I can’t make but need some.

• Leslie said:

Such beautiful fabrics! You are one busy lady.

• Nell said:

Pretty!!!

• Amanda said:

Can’twaitcan’twait for my strap to arrive in the mail. Yay!

• Stephanie said:

I love these camera straps! Great fabrics too! I stumbled upon your blog and glad I did. I’ll be back to visit again.

• Maritza said:

These photos are gorgeous! I love taking a peek into other people’s workspaces and seeing their creative process unfold. Very cool!

• David Santos said:

Really beautiful posting! Pretty colours!!!
    Congratulations!!!!