Home » Travel

take two Nashvilles and call me in the morning

26 March 2009 1,420 views 13 Comments

It feels like winter has dragged on forever in Boston. For the first time in years I've been longing for a little bit of Spring. Just a hint, a teaser that warmer weather is coming. Instead of waiting around here, we took a long weekend and zipped down to Nashville to visit some pals.

spring has hit Nashville

Y'all, it is most definitely spring in Nashville. Trees are blooming, flowers are coming up and the best part, it's backyard hanging out weather. Our pals cranked up the smoker for us and we spent three days just hanging around sipping beers, eating ribs and catching up. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank you Nashville! You've made it that much easier to get back to work.

pinks!

sunset (365.2.97)

• Carole said:

I absolutely LOVE that first picture. Welcome back, glad you had a good mini break.

• k said:

Great images – I wish it was spring here!

• elisa said:

If you guys decide you need another little dose of Spring (you know, before JUNE) you are more than welcome to visit us in CA. :) I have poppies, irises, and bluebells a plenty!

• Whistlepea said:

I am very jealous. We are on day three of a major blustery snow storm in Manitoba. Would your friends like some more company?

• Stardust B said:

I live in Nashville and am loving the weather. All the cherry blossoms are great too.

• Mandi said:

Beautiful photos!
    I’m a former Pennsylvanian who is now transplanted here in Nashville, TN (well, Hendersonville – slightly north, but I work in downtown Nashville) and one thing I certainly don’t miss are the long, dreary winters back home. Spring is so happy and beautiful (and EARLY) here!

• Jen said:

Glad you had fun Caro! I’m so jealous.

• Salihan said:

Just dropped by to tell you that I LOVE your photos. They are just gorgeous!

• tiennie said:

Those are beautiful photos!

• finnyknits said:

Oh yeah, it’s smoker weather in NorCal, too. Soon we’ll be out back with the brisket and pork shoulder in our flip-flops and I can NOT wait.

• janna said:

yeah, I’m ready for spring, too. I spent last week in San Antonio, and returning to Iowa City was hard!!! Of course, unlike you, I never missed winter in all the years I lived in Texas — fall, yes, but winter, no…..

• colon said:

I like the spring too much and I thing the king of the season is spring.

• Bill Harkema said:

Hi Carolyn,
    I read your tribute to your dad. I can’t believe its 10 years since he & I walked around the golf courses of North America!
    Sometimes I hear the echo of a laugh at his, or my expense when a lousy shot is made.! These memories are stored in a special place!
    I see yours are as well.
    Bill Harkema