Home » Headline, house

new digs

8 September 2009 3,698 views 11 Comments

is this our new houseSo much for getting back into the swing of things.  Best just to close my eyes and jump in, right?

Right. So. We moved!

We’re still in Boston, but after so many years in Texas, The Husband and I couldn’t stomach another summer without air conditioning. Those of you who live with A/C will understand, those of you who don’t probably think I’m just whiny. I’m ok with that. I fully admit that I need the temperature regulation so that I can sleep at night and not get cranky. The new digs have central air and we’re happy to be free of our 1930’s moldy old house. (Seriously, neither of us are coughing, the cat isn’t booting every other day. I think we were allergic to that place.)

it's the cleaning part of moving (365.2.211)

The new place is a converted commercial space, has fantastic light and plenty of space with a more modern vibe, it just feels like us. We’re mostly settled, but there always seems to be another box to unpack. It doesn’t help that I’ve been so busy, but we’re getting there.
yep, still unpacking (365.2.220)

almost an office/studio (365.2.221)

It’s a super cool space. There’s a garage door right in the living room!

bench monday alternate

One of my favourite features? The giant Coca-Cola mural painted on the outside wall.

waiting. and waiting. (365.2.211)

Feels good to be home.

• kreachr said:

Wow, your new place is awesome!! Hope it sends you lots of creative vibes :-) Looks like there’s plenty of room for you to get your work done – good luck and enjoy. Do the kittehs love it too?

• Phoe said:

What a fantastic place! I love the light and the space.

• Mandy said:

Wow, that is an amazing space! Congratulations on your new home!

• pang said:

what a beautiful place! congrats!…and um, can i come live with you? haha

• Rachel said:

i love the space! like a white canvas, you can make it your own. i love your chair!

• Lisle said:

Cool! Where are you now? In Boston, or around Boston? That puts you kinda close to me…

• danwithatwist said:

Ohhhhhhh, my. I love the Coca Cola mural and the garage door in the living room and…I like. *Happy house sigh* And is your workroom going to be that whole lower floor?!

• Tamara said:

Wow I missed it! OMG all that space.. to die for. You are very lucky. Enjoy it!! Oh, and I adore the silhoutte of you and kitty!

• gleek said:

still very jealous of the new space! such great light!

• dolores said:

this is incredible!
    I can´t believe “normal” people having such a place – in the magazine the owners are always kind of celebrities – or did I got something wrong with you?
    I wish I would live in USA, where changing your home seems so easy like changing clothes, here in Europe, every change is such a big hassle…mpfh
    Congratulations to this supercool place!!!

• kirsten duncan said:

My jealousy knows no bounds!!! Go you! That place is fantastic (especially the coke sign).