Home » Headline, knitting, Travel

Rhinebeck, finally

30 November 2009 2,451 views 6 Comments

rhinebeck parking lotThe best thing about being behind in blogging Rhinebeck is that y’all are already over your 2009 Rhinebeck post ennui. Everything old is new again, or something like that.

This year Pam (Flint Knits) flew out to Boston and along with Danielle (aswiminknits) we carpooled up to Kingston on Friday to meet up with the crew. Drinks, shenanigans and redonk amounts of laughter, THIS is what the New York Sheep and Wool festival is really about. Sure, the yarn shopping is great. Sure, spotting handknits in the wild is great. Sure, the food on the fairgrounds is yummy but the peeps, that’s what it’s all about. Since I haven’t knit anything out of the yarn I bought last year at Rhinebeck, I elected not to buy anything this year. I gotta say, hanging out on the fairgrounds without shopping is still just as fun, if not moreso.

The people! (Elspeth, Ann, Danielle, Pam et moi)
Yay!

Pam and Mary-Heather

Pam and Mary-Heather

With Danielle and Ms Knitting by Bicycle

Yay!

Handknits! (and babies and some Splityarn in the wild)

Mai and Macadamia

Preen

And some food. Lamb chops to die for. TO DIE FOR. So so so so good.

lamb chops,

(For the full rundown, more photos here in the Rhinebeck 2009 flickr set.)

• Danielle said:

Ohai, fun times!

• Kathy said:

Yay! Rhinebeck. You know, I still haven’t posted my report — maybe I should!!

• Oiyi said:

You are my hero. You went to Rhinebeck and didn’t buy any yarn. Wow.

• janna said:

How can you be inhaling all those yarn fumes and not buy yarn? Also – the girl in the blue cabley hat (Elspeth) – do you know the hat pattern? It’s so cute!

• mai said:

super fun! yay! those lamb chops look absurdly good. i totally go to sheep & wool festivals to hang out with and meet new people! i can’t remember the last time i bought yarn at a festival :)

• Pam said:

WHee!!! Can we do it again next year?