Home » Headline, knitting, photography stuff

short lucky and a white russian

27 January 2010 3,059 views 7 Comments

Do you know Thea from Babycocktails? I didn’t, until a few months ago. As it turns out though, I’d had one of her designs in my Ravelry queue for over 2 years. When I finally added her to my friends list, I had one of those DUH moments and wondered how it could have taken me so long to figure it out. (Side note: it cracks me up when someone who I see every week and emails and IM turns out not to be in my Rav friends. How does that happen?)

Thea came over for coffee a couple weeks ago on what was one of the coldest days this January to shoot some of her pattern photos. You can’t tell that she’s freezing, so I guess we did ok, right?

First up, White Russian.

white russian sweater

I love the collar on this sweater,

I love the neckline

and the graceful raglan shaping with the stockinette sleeves. It’s all about the details, you know?

turtleneck

Thea makes it look easy because she’s so quick to laugh.

Thea

I totally need more time to knit. Can that just be my fulltime job? Knitting stuff for my wardrobe? Probably not.

Then we shot Short Lucky.

cutie thea

I love that the two sweaters were photographed just a few feet apart, but the background makes a big difference to the feel of the photos.

From the back

short lucky back

Tie it low

short lucky

So pretty. Time to get knitting, eh?

• Elinor said:

Indeed! Wow, these are such beauties!! And very well photographed too!

• lauren said:

GAH just what I need – more things in my rav queue! :) These are both so cute, and it seems like you’re having a real blast with these photo shoots.

• thea said:

Hey, I AM knitting today, and let me tell you my hands hurt! Don’t think it can be a fulltime job.

But the photos were way fun – hence all the laughing. Especially w/ the good company. Which I missed this week – but will see you soon!

• Heather said:

Wow, these are both amazing and the photo shoots like like they were lots o’ fun:)

• nova said:

Amazing sweaters, both. I know what you mean about not being rav friends, that happens to me all the time.

• sam said:

you’re just photographing everyone? do you pull people off the street and ask them to model sweaters? Gorgeous sweaters AND photos!

• gleek said:

what great designs! i love them both.