Home » Headline, Travel

Olympic countdown

8 February 2010 15,551 views 8 Comments
calm before the storm

calm before the storm

Olympics? In my hometown? OF COURSE I’m going to be there. Or here, really, because we flew out a couple days ago and are already in town soaking up the crazy excited vibe.  Vancouver is positively jumping.

countdown is on

countdown clock at the VAG

the villain in his lair

It also happens to be The Husband’s birthday week, so expect to see many more photos of beers and friends and light shows. LOVE this city!

• Jody said:

Oh my I’m bursting with jealousy! Are you going to see any events? Any Olympic knitting planned?

• k said:

gah! have fun! i’m gonna stay here in my quiet little town on vancouver island and avoid the crazy of olympic fever. ps – i made the peanut butter and it is ever so good!

• Jocelyn said:

LOVE it! :) Happy Birthday Boon!

• thea said:

Wow! have a blast. Can’t wait to hear all about it. And see all the photos – what an amazing birthday celebration this is going to be….

Debbie has your cookies and is taking good care of them till you return.

• april said:

um, am i the only one with the sense of humour of a 12 year old boy? and why did i never notice that the vancouver airport code was….um?…a bit dirty?

• janna said:

Lots of pictures! We want lots of pictures! I’ve been to Vancouver once, for a conference, about 10 years ago. It was gorgeous – I’d love to go back someday.

• LisaB said:

Love that last pic of the vectorial elevation light art installation from on high – cool! More amazing pics: http://vancouverisawesome.com/2010/02/09/vectorial-vancouver/comment-page-1/#comment-85569

Have you seen this supercool video of vancouver? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xMz2SnSWS4

There’s so much cool stuff going on in Vancouver right now – it’s AWESOME. I’m so enjoying it! Have fun!

• Dotty said:

Welcome back! Are you gonna try the zip line over Robson Square? I’m heading out to the Surrey celebration site on Sat to see the RCMP musical ride. Can’t wait!