Home » Headline, knitting, stash

goodbye, Tangled Yoke

29 March 2010 2,435 views 11 Comments

2410513215_6da2531632

Two years ago I cast on for a Tangled Yoke with the intention of giving it to my Mum for her birthday. I ran into a few issues with the pattern when I hit the sleeves and after the third time knitting the cuff, I put it in time out. It has been there ever since. After a little more research and some good quality anecdata, I decided two months ago to rip it. Of course the time between that decision and actually doing it can be huge, because that’s a lot of knitting (on size 5’s) to just throw out the window.

Maybe it was the rain and gloom of this mornings weather, but I finally did it.

RIP, tangled yoke

I’m sorry Tangled Yoke, you will not come to be.

RIP, tangled yoke

Felted Tweed and assorted needles, welcome back to the stash.

RIP, tangled yoke

Sorry, Mum! I’ll knit you something else with this yarn, because it really is perfect for you.

Sniff.

• robyn said:

that stinks that you had to rip that out, but it’s good that you’re already plotting something new to do with the yarn! I hate it when I have a project going that doesn’t work out!

• Stitchy said:

Just think of it like a reality show. Tangled Yoke was “aufed”. Voted off the island. It was not “shear genius”. Two beautiful sweaters stood before you, but you only held one photo on your hand. It simply was not the biggest loser. Pack up your knives, Tangled Yoke, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

• Caro (author) said:

OMG, Stitchy! I wish I could favourite comments. I just laughed so hard that water came out my nose.

• maryse said:

WIP that are in timeout that long get frogged with no guilt. besides that yarn is too awesome to not be used for something great.

• meegiemoo said:

My tangled yoke is also headed for the frog pond. Your post has given me the courage to let’er rip!

I love the brown Felted Tweed. Lucky mom!

• jennifer said:

Oh, sad and cathartic! I’m in the process of frogging a Lauren sweater whose sleeves just wouldn’t cooperate, no matter how many times I ripped back and started over! I love that you acknowledged the return of the needles.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up making!

• DameEmma said:

I didn’t rip my Tangled Yoke, but when I got to the yoke it turned into a Cobblestone/EZ percentage sweater hybrid. Bah. Also, anecdata is my new favourite word.

• thea said:

Frogging is the brave, tough thing for a knitter to do. There will be a better sweater from it!

• Alice said:

I recently frogged a bunch of things too. It’s so hard but it will be exciting to see that beautiful yarn become something new!

• Rachel said:

Hmmm…first, I admire your ability to rip so much knitting knowing that it just won’t be right (I’ve only done that once and though it was the right decision, it was painful)! But second…I bought yarn recently for that particular sweater and now I’m wondering if it was a bad choice? Is there something inherently wrong with the pattern?

• janna said:

I admire you – not sure I could have done it! And I LOVE the word anecdata!