Home » Headline, knitting, Travel

I dyed (get it?) and went to heaven

20 July 2010 1,961 views 8 Comments

And heaven was in Port Ludlow, WA.

You know how Stephanie and Tina from Blue Moon have been organizing those knitting retreats in Port Ludlow?  Ok, maybe you didn’t know, so I’ll tell you now.  They planned an entire weekend for 45 of us to learn about silk. Knitting, dyeing and spinning with silk. Three glorious days on the Olympic Peninsula where we had the entire hotel to ourselves. It was ah-may-zing.

sailing off into the sunset

I flew up to Vancouver, hopped in a car with Mum and we drove down on Friday to the Port Ludlow Inn. We spent Friday evening getting acquainted with some of the other retreaters, (KT, I still think Cayennes are silly!) had a great night’s sleep and then dove straight into the silky goodness the next day. We spent Saturday, Sunday and all day Monday surrounded by the stuff in classes with Steph, Tina and the amazing Judith McKenzie McCuin.

BFFs

dyes

mum is so stinkin' cute

I made these colours!

Next time one of these retreats comes up, do not even hesitate to get on the list to go.

judith spins

silk hankies for spinning

colour walk

flarey totem pole

drop spindling while we waited

• sam said:

I’m so jealous! Rhinebeck was overwhelming enough for me though! I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to handle a knitting retreat!

• Vicki said:

Looks like a nice little slice o’ heaven!
    Fun to go with your mom, too.

• thea said:

Beautiful! Can’t wait to hear about it soon – bet you learned a ton.

And I bet it wasn’t even humid over there…..

• janna said:

That looks just wonderful! And there’s your mom up there — you look just like her!

• Marianne said:

Your photos are so lovely and capture the weekend so well…although I don’t remember all that golden light…! You photo of Judith’s hands spinning is so fabulous and it is from an angle I don’t recall ever seeing before! nice job ms. photojournaist..

• Lynae said:

We had SUCH fun! I’m with KT! I love my Cayenne!

• KT said:

OK Caro, just for you, I’ll get rid of it. Hopefully, my choice of new car will pass muster. I’ll keep you posted. Hold my beer and watch this!

• WonderMike said:

I so wanted to attend this retreat but the funds were not in evidence, sadly. But, it’s nice to have this lovely recap and such luscious photographs. Truly, truly, fabulous!