Home » FOs, Headline, knitting, Knitting It Old School

the book! it is real!

14 September 2010 3,056 views 9 Comments

(My Blogher round up post will have to wait, because dudes! THE BOOK IS IN MY HOUSE!)

I! Am! So! Excited! about this book

Knitting It Old School has officially started shipping and has already landed on the doorsteps of many people. We got an advance copy a few weeks ago and I’m in love. It’s just so damn exciting. I’m also a little overwhelmed with the size of it. 43 projects! I think we must have been insane. And some of those projects should be counted as two, like Minty‘s Sock Hop sweater and knee-high socks set.

Sock Hop!

And Adrian’s fabulous Peppermint Lounge hat and mitten set.

Peppermint Lounge Hat

Peppermint Lounge Mittens

I went to a couple bookstores scouting to see it in the wild too. I found it in the Barnes and Noble in Saugus and at the Prudential Center. I spied it the other day in the Borders near Downtown Crossing. Jocelyn spotted it at Chapters in Calgary. No sign of it in Vancouver yet, but my mum has been in a few times to harass the manager about it.

KIOS! In the wild!

Wanna see more of the photos? They’re all loaded into Ravelry and I’m anxiously watching the project count every day. Go check ’em out!

EEEEEEE!

• Gaile said:

I ordered it from amazon.ca last week, it arrived yesterday. SO many cute things.

Didn’t see it in my Chapters yet, which is why I ordered online instead.

• lauren said:

Hoorayyyyy! I was so surprised when my copy came and I saw the sheer number of projects. Holy LORD, woman, this must have been a lot of work. I’ve already queued about 9000 of the patterns. :)

• sam said:

I might have to buy a copy of this book because you’ll probably squee everytime someone buys a copy.

• thea said:

I’ll be bringing my copy to knitting sometime for some famous author autographs! I do love it :-)

• Manise said:

So exciting to have your hands on it and so see it in the wild! Congrats!

• Jill said:

Congrats to you! So exciting :)

• Ellen said:

I am waiting NOT-SO-patiently for the copies I ordered from my distributor! (And by the way… Congratulations!!!)

• Jennifer said:

Congrats! How exciting! It looks fantastic.

• craftivore said:

Congrats! It looks like great patterns and a fun package.