Home » Headline, knitting, photography stuff

hey, hi!

25 October 2011 9,612 views 10 Comments

When the blog goes quiet, it usually means I’m busy, right? This time it was BUSY-busy and boy howdy, I have not had any downtime. (I even worked while at Rhinebeck!) After TNNA, Sock Summit, a trip to Milwaukee, then Vancouver, then Toronto, then Salt Lake City and somewhere in there starting a new job too, the summer and most of fall has zoomed away.

The most exciting thing has been the travel for what has officially become Splityarn Photography. Every weekend this fall I’ve been shooting and editing. I am LOVING it. Want to know what I’ve been working on?

Knitty! 3 shoots in the Deep Fall issue including the cover (!!!)

Takoma from Julia FC:

Knitty front cover, bitches!

Ann Weaver’s The Candles:

The Candles.

Amy Herzog’s Vignette:

Vignette!

The Charles Collection for BHK Cooperative (going live this week, but you can see the photos on the BHK facebook page)

Kate Atherley’s forthcoming book (I did the how-to shots)

AudKnit’s forthcoming book

Photos for some of Mad Color Fiber Arts colourways

Flint Knits Pam’s newest sweater she debuted at Rhinebeck: (Sneak peek only for now but this whole shoot is fantastic, as is the sweater.)

Sneak peek at Pammie's new sweater, Sheep Go To Heaven

Fun, right?

I will eventually put up a proper page with all my pricing details, portfolio and how it all works, but for now if you’re interested, shoot me a note. I’m happy to talk on and on (and on) about it. I travel heaps too, so it’s possible I might be in your neighbourhood! Eeeee! I find it all so exciting!

• Shannon Okey said:

UNSOLICITED TESTIMONIAL: Caro is the best, best, best! I wish she would fit in my pocket so I could take her everywhere, to photograph everything, forever.

• Jacey said:

That is super awesome!! I’m so excited for you. Can’t wait to see all of the new shots! And that sneak of Pam’s sweater is awesome.

• Jacey said:

I just realized how much I say awesome….

• Kristy said:

Congrats on the new business venture! You take beautiful photos.

• Erica said:

Love seeing your pics! Know what you mean about being busy!!

• Preita said:

Your photography as usual is completely amazing Caro. You have such an eye for highlighting each knit exactly the way it should be. You should be incredibly proud of your fantastic work :) I love seeing all the photos!

• thea said:

And don’t forget a day at the track w/ me!

I’ll also give an unsolicited testimonial. Caro’s amazing, and does really fantastic things with her camera and knitwear.

• Heather said:

So exciting Caro! It was so great to see you at Rhinebeck and I am just thrilled about your expanding endeavors. You are the energizer bunny, constantly in motion:)

• ADA said:

YAY! Congratulations!

• Amy said:

That is so awesome! Congratulations!