Home » Featured, Headline, photography stuff

styling and photography class at Webs

6 February 2012 8,355 views 8 Comments

[flickr id="6831370425" thumbnail="medium" overlay="true" size="medium" group="" align="center"]

I’m so excited to share another fun thing that’s happening! I’m going to teach a class at Webs! While recording the Ready, Set, Knit podcast back in October, Kathy encouraged me to put together a photography class to share some of my knowledge. And when a queenpin like Kathy tells you to do something, you do it!

The class is called “Styling and Photography for Indie Designers” and will be at WEBS on March 17th at 1pm. Officially, it’s described this way,

“Learn how to prepare for a successful photoshoot, whether you’re taking the photographs yourself or having a professional do it for you. Rather than the technical details of aperture or camera settings, we’ll look at the human side of styling and composition. Caro will share behind-the-scenes tricks to help make your patterns stand out in a crowd and rocket to the top of knitting queues. No camera necessary!”

I wanted to put together something that would help non-photography experts improve their pattern photography and non-designers improve their finished object photography. Instead of hardcore details about aperture and white balance and tech details (that can make eyes glaze over) we’ll dive into the styling and set up so that you can take beautiful photos, even if just with your phone!

I’m super stoked about this class and I hope you can join me! You can register online here:

Come join us!

• Brianna Asaro said:

LOVE the idea of this class. It’s a great one. I’ve learned in the past that it’s the photograph that sells my items. So if it doesn’t look good and classy on camera, then it’s not going to look good in person, either. WEBS is also a great place and I can’t wait to visit there again soon!

• Katie @ Yarn Love said:

oooh, will you be offering this as an online class at some point? It sounds lovely, but I’m 1/2 way across the country.

• Jill said:

I wish…can you come and teach that class in Denver, Colorado too??? Please???

• Syd said:

Oh, puh-lease sign me up for an online version – that sounds so awesome!!

• Amy said:

That is so awesome! I third the request for an online version. :)

• Deirdre said:

An online option sounds wonderful – unless you might be in or around Toronto some time??

• Triona said:

I would also LOVE to take an online version of this class (in LA, so no chance of taking one in person, sadly). Maybe if enough of us ask you’ll give in? :-)

• Splityarn » Blog Archive » Shoot It! said:

[...] few months ago I talked about teaching my first class in product photography for indie designers at Webs. A few people commented I should teach the [...]